05 September 2009

Keeping a list

My oldest daughter has been having a bad week this week at school. It is nothing that she is doing, it is what the other kids are doing to her. So now I must keep a list (and since I am packing things away so I can paint the house I need it somewhere where it will last for awhile).

On Monday,(the 3rd day of school) a boy in my daughter's class decided to hit her and continue to hit her. Since, her hitting him back is forbidden, she had to tell the teacher. Her rules state that an act of violence will result in being sent to the principal's office. She violated her rules and just had him apologize. Her letter to me, after I sent her a letter states: "Thank you for your note. I did talk with "D" after his bad choice. He apologized. I asked "H" to talk to me if it happens again. Thank you!" She didn't even sign her name!!! Also, my next reaction: It was a "bad choice," hitting someone is a "bad choice?" Hitting someone goes way beyond "bad choice." Also, her not reporting it to the office and/or contacting me, is a "bad choice" on her part. She has not apologized for her "bad choice" and I have decided that since she has refused to give out her phone number and her "bad choices," I should just contact the principal.

On Tuesday, (the 4th day of school) another boy, who lives in our neighborhood, has a history of being mean to my daughter on the bus, decided it was a good thing to hit my daughter in the face!!!! This is what prompted my phone call to the principal. He informed me that he would talk with both "H" and "J". I then contacted the bus driver and the bus superviser so that they would be on notice that this child is acting up on the bus and that additional measures need to be taken. The bus driver told me that "J" would be required to sit directly behind her so that she could watch him. My husband spoke with the bus superviser and told him that the situation was being handled. So on Wednesday, the boy had to sit behind the driver for the ride home, but he was not on the bus the next morning. Then, he was behind her for ride home on Thursday. Friday, he missed the bus again and then was on the bus behind my daughter again. That punishment lasted for a whole 2 rides! Let's just let the child off with a minor punishment. Last year, he made her life so miserable she didn't want to ride the bus or go to school!!!

On Thursday, the child from the class, who used her as a punching bag, decided to inappropriately touch my daughter and continue to do so, even after she told him (the counselor suggests that they use the TOMAHAWK TALK - lot of good this does) to stop. Now, I have contacted the principal again (teacher still has not provided her number). He tells me he will again speak with my daughter and "D" to find out what is going on. He may have to contact the other child's parents and he will also speak with the teacher. Basically, my daughter reports that "D" was moved to another spot away from her. Lot of good this does. First, why didn't the teacher do this on her own? I have a friend who is a college professor and she told me do not confuse a teaching professional with a professional teacher. I am going to have to agree with her. I liked the teacher when I first met her, but my opinion of this teacher has gone down this week. I wonder how far her approval numbers will go (just like the puppet president).

I spoke with my sister and she said I should encourage the girls to strike back, but I don't want them in trouble for the bad behavior they are having to endure. So, I told them I want them to drama queen up their behavior when someone is doing something to them. I would rather get phone calls telling my child is being so dramatic, over my child has hit another child (I can pretty much guarantee that the other parents were not notified that their child(ren) have been abusive). So we practiced them drama queening up even small injuries!!! First phone call I get, I am going to ask what was done to the child that caused the problem in the first place! Did you contact the other parents? If I am the only parent being contacted, I will look into a lawyer and bring a lawsuit against this school district. It is interesting that other school districts are so much more proactive on this front and this one just blows off the whole problem.

Next, most important, my brother-in-law and his daughter are in town and I finally get to meet my niece!!!!! She is going to be 5 next month and I have never met this child because of her mother. Now she is out of the picture and we get to see them!!! It has been a long time 6 years!!! My brother-in-law has only met one of my 3 girls. He hasn't seen the oldest, his god-child, since she was almost a year old. He doesn't know them or what they like or don't like and has only seen them through photos. I am excited and nervous all at the same time. I feel like I am meeting strangers who are family. My girls are scared also. They tell me they don't want to meet him because they don't know him. But we remind them he is their uncle and he is really nice. I just hope all goes well and I have some pictures to show when we are finished.

Also, this week, I took my youngest girl to the art museum and she loved it!!! I haven't downloaded photos of this yet, but she has a fascination with pots, vases and tureens. But she seemed to have a really good time.

Yesterday, Friday, I took the younger girls to the airport and we watched the skydivers. They got to check out the helicopter and they watched the man who was trying to set a record by jumping 100 times in one day. They had so many people there it was fun. There were a lot of jumpers and I got some good photos (still on the camera) and I'll post them as soon as I find time to download all the photos.

Have a good Labor Day weekend. Hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment