05 April 2017

100 Books about Books

If you love to read, you might enjoy reading a book that describes or tells about other books. For instance, I just recently watched "The Novel Murders" from the Hallmark Movies, I taped it. It has the main character searching through books she has read looking for a mystery that matches the one that just happened. They look at 3 different stories. Agatha Christie's "A Murder in Three Acts," and 2 others that I don't remember, I only remembered the Agatha Christie, because I like Agatha Christie, but I know that if I get a chance, I will look up the other books mentioned and read them, too.

This list came from 100 Must-Read Books about Books, but I put the list below because I want to look up some of these books and read them.

2. The Bestseller by Olivia Goldsmith
3. The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly
4. The Book of Speculation by Erika Swyler
5. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak - I have this on a Kindle and I keep meaning to read it. 
6. The Bookshop by Penelope Fitzgerald
7. The Bookstore by Deborah Meyler
8. Booked to Die (Cliff Janeway #1) by John Dunning
9. The Camel Bookmobile by Masha Hamilton
10. The Case of the Missing Books (Mobile Library Mysteries #1) by Ian Sansom
11. The Children’s Book by A. S. Byatt
12. The Club Dumas by Arturo Pérez-Reverte
13. The Eyre Affair (Thursday Next #1) by Jasper Fforde
14. Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury - I recently read this one. I am trying to get my girls to read this one. 
15. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
16. First Impressions by Charlie Lovett
17. The Forgers by Bradford Morrow
18. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Annie Barrows and Mary Ann Shaffer
19. The Haunted Bookshop by Christopher Morley
20. If on a Winter’s Night a Traveler by Italo Calvino
21. Ink and Bone (The Great Library #1) by Rachel Caine
22. Inkheart (Inkworld #1) by Cornelia Funke - I know that one of my girls would love it....should she listen to her old mother. 
23. The Jane Austen Book Club by Karen Joy Fowler
24. The Little Paris Bookshop by Nina George
25. Matilda by Roald Dahl - we have all read this book, 2 in a book club and 1 because I made her. 
27. The Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco
28. The Neverending Story by Michael Ende - another book they would love. 
29. The Night Bookmobile by Audrey Niffenegger
30. Night Train to Lisbon by Pascal Mercier
31. A Novel Bookstore by Laurence Cossé
32. Parnassus on Wheels by Christopher Morley
33. The People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks
34. Possession by A. S. Byatt
35. The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend by Katarina Bivald
36. S. by J.J. Abrams and Doug Dorst
37. The Secret of Lost Things by Sheridan Hay
38. The Shadow of the Wind (The Cemetery of Forgotten Books #1) by Carlos Ruiz Zafón
39. The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin
40. The Strange Library by Haruki Murakami
41. The Summer We Read Gatsby by Danielle Ganuk
42. The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
43. Too Loud a Solitude by Bohumil Hrabal
44. The Uncommon Reader by Alan Bennett
45. An Unnecessary Woman by Rabih Alameddine
46. Unwritten Vol. 1: Tommy Taylor and the Bogus Identity by Mike Carey and Peter Gross
47. The Violets of March by Sarah Jio
48. 84, Charing Cross Road by Helene Hanff
52. The Book by Julius Friedman
56. The Book on the Bookshelf by Henry Petroski
57. Books: A Memoir by Larry McMurtry
58. The Bookshop Book by Jen Campbell
60. Classics for Pleasure by Michael Dirda
61. The End of Your Life Book Club by Will Schwalbe
65. A History of Reading by Alberto Manguel
66. The House of Twenty Thousand Books by Sasha Abramsky
67. How Reading Changed My Life by Anna Quindlen
74. My Ideal Bookshelf by Thessaly La Force
75. My Life in Middlemarch by Rebecca Mead
76. My Reading Life by Pat Conroy
79. Phantoms on the Bookshelves by Jacques Bonnet
85. A Reader on Reading by Alberto Manguel
87. Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi
89. Ruined by Reading: A Life in Books by Lynne Sharon Schwartz
94. Used and Rare: Travels in the Book World by Lawrence and Nancy Goldstone


No comments:

Post a Comment