29 October 2016

Weekend Before Halloween

Wow, this month has flown by. Between things for the kids and birthdays, time has flown! The Lebanon Library has started homeschool classes and the girls have loved them. As October closes, November begins and we have more birthdays. Nicole and I collaborate and decide what to do together, it means we get to do a little more for her birthday, paired with mine. The older girls noticed and they have started the same thing. It makes it more fun. We will be having a good meal for the dads on the 12th to celebrate my dad (his birthday is coming) and we are also celebrating Veteran's Day. The meal has already been chosen and my dad is excited for the meal, it is his favorites. I even said that if the weather cooperates I will grill part of the meal, the rest will be prepared in advance and just be reheated in crock pots (mashed potatoes, sauer kraut, pumpkin pie - not reheated).

I am still looking at the patterns in my emails and saving the links that I want to use some day. I have a lot of emails in my google and still over 1400 in my yahoo, but today, I worked on those and that decreased from over 1500 to over 1400. That works for me. I have seen memes that talk about a person having so many that they would never be able to finish them all. I know exactly what they are talking about. A friend and I have also been talking about being SABLE with our yarn, too. SABLE - Stash Acquisition Beyond Life Expectancy. I said, as long as my youngest is enjoying knitting, I won't have to worry about that. She will inherit my stash, as right now she is raiding it and I have absolutely no problem with that.

As I am working on this, I have been using my libraries (yep, libraries) and I downloaded MP3 or Overdrive books and have been listening to the books that I want to read, but I just don't have the time to knit/crochet/read and empty the emails to do. I have friends who have actually recommended listening to books on tape (MP3, Overdrive) while doing other things. I do have a hearing impairment and sometimes when things get too loud (I have kids, that happens a lot) I can't hear the words and I usually just give up and go back to my books or watching tv with the captions (while knitting/crocheting/cross stitching, etc).

Today is such a gorgeous fall day and I really do need to get out for awhile. I will accomplish that after lunch and then come home to cook some supper for the family. I may take my dog along, since she enjoys walking in parks and this way I can explore the parks some more. I love that we have so many with hiking trails nearby.

I know I mentioned a few posts ago, about Caron Cakes. The Crochet Crowd has links for patterns of things to make using the Caron Cakes. Enjoy!

Afghans:
Sand Dollar Afghan
Green Friendly Afghan
Irish Lace Afghan
Dublin Country Throw
Lace Cable Afghan
Painted Desert Sunset Afghan
Picturesque Windows Afghan
Comfy Heritage Quilt Throw
Striped Stash Buster Throw
Large Ripple Afghan
Scrap Yarn Afghan
Golden Years Crochet Blanket
Sherbet Surprise Afghan
Cinnamon Twist Afghan

Amigurumi/Toys:
Whimsical Castle
Apple Place Holder

Bags:
Sunny Days Market Bag
1 Skein Farmer's Bag

Christmas/Winter:
Christmas Stocking
Christmas Afghans....Characters

Cowls/Scarves:
Rio Scarf - this looks like an crocodile stitch, very pretty.
Peacock Scarf
Jubilee
Angel Shawl
Nostalgia Brioche Cowl
Cozy Blue Scarf
Spring Cowgirl - super cute and fun.
Off to Canada Scarf
Irish Mesh Cowl
Irish Shepherd Scarf
Cabled Hooded Scarf - This is very pretty and fun.
Seed Stitch Infinity Scarf
Circle Scarf
Color Change Scarf
Three to One Cowl
Lace Triangle Scarf
Marnie's Scarf
Caribbean Dreams Scarf
Scarf Squared....with Skull Cap

Cozies:
Daisy Teapot Cozy

Easter:
Easter Egg Covers - perfect cover for those plastic eggs, I don't know how many haven't sealed and we had to tape over the years.
Tumbling Bunnies

Hat/Headband:
Most Comfortable Headband
Winter Warrior Hat
Fallen Leaves Slouch Hat
Colorwork Knit Beanie
Five Pillars Hat
Stepping Stones Beanie
Chic Cabled Beret
Scrap Buster Hats - this has sizes ranging from newborn to adult....fun
Nell Hat
Earflap Hat

Kitchen:
Kitchen Kolor Trivets - I have made this many times. I even got to the point that I was able to make them without the pattern.
Wiggle Trivet - this is super cute and I really want to make a few. I need trivets for the meals I serve at Christmas and Easter.
Sunny Skies Dishcloth
Leafy Dishcloth - this one is fun and would be good for autumn
Swiffer Cover
Flower Dishcloth
Blooming Flower Dishcloth
Flower Coasters
Lotus Bloom Dishcloth
Apple Dishcloth
Candy Corn Dishcloth
Dutch Skies Pot Holder
Snowman Coaster
Tunisian Crochet Flower Dishcloth

Ornaments:
Star of David Ornament
Poinsettia
Twinkle Tree Ornament

Shawls:
Vintage Lace Popcorn Shawl
Easy Dreamy Shawl
Beloved Shawl
Tristan Eyelet Lace Shawl
Natural Leaf Wrap
Waltzing Fan Shawl
Triangle Shawl

Slippers/Socks:
Rainbow Sherbet Socks - I save all kinds of socks because I do enjoy making socks.
Best Sock Pattern

No comments:

Post a Comment