22 August 2012

More Finished Offs

I have been busy knitting and crocheting, but I haven't been very busy posting what I have finished. So I think it is time for me to start. I will also try to share where I got the pattern from (if it is available....some have been removed).
First up, I finished a baby afghan. I had started it sometime ago, used up some baby yarn in light blue that I had. It is very pretty. I also put a shell stitch border on it. The grandmother said it was wonderful!
I finished another diagonal scarf. I really don't remember who I gave it to, just that I finished it. I may have given to my mother for her birthday back in March (that was when I took the photo, but I didn't download to my computer until June.
2 discloths. One is 2 color and fun. The other is a basketweave dishcloth. I c/o 40 stitches and k5,p5 repeating the entire row for 5 rows and then switched p5, k5. I did this until I felt that it was the right size and cast off.
This is the afghan that I was working on for my sister's boyfriend, Kyle. It is different types of yarn (alpaca, mohair, etc) and it is different colors. I just made strips and then sewed it together and added a border. I am so happy to have this finished!
This is something that can be worn as a cowl (safer for kids on a playground) or up around ears to keep ears warm on a playground.
This is a purse that I was playing with. It is wider, has a button enclosure and the handle actually goes to the base and up and around to the base on the other side.
This is the year of the dragon Dishcloth. It can be found at
It was an easy knit. It turned out really cute also.
Just another cowl. Basically I was using up yarn and making a scarf and then connected the ends. This way it can wrap around my daughter (who loves pink) and keep her safe and warm.
A cupcake. I was only able to finish one for a birthday party, but I can make more for my own daughter's birthday in November. http://beeknit.blogspot.com/2008/02/cake-glorious-cake.html is where you can find the pattern. It is quick and simple, but there are some corrections. Check on Ravelry.com. There is a place where people have posted the corrections.
I finished this and mailed it to my aunt, whose mother passed away recently. I make a lot of these! I found the pattern in a book I was given for Christmas, written by Debbie Macomber, but she also has it on her website. If you are interested, google her site. It is a good place to visit.
Anyone who knows me knows that I am a practical joker. So for my anniversary, I made my husband a roll of toilet paper. This pattern can be found here: http://mochimochiland.com/2007/10/free-pattern-toilet-paper/
Universal Scarf. I have put this away to give as a gift at Christmas (123 days away). It is simple and quick to remember. Pattern found here: http://www.interweave.com/wir/kr110604.htm#2
I made a lot of these fingerless mitts. They are really simple and make great gifts. My girls even love them. I gave quite a few as gifts to teachers, who have to help kids zip into coats.
Here is a link to the pattern: http://creativeyarn.blogspot.com/2009/11/diagonal-eyelet-hand-warmers-free.html
I also made for a birthday present, two "Miffed" Birds. I refuse to use the word angry. Mine are called miffed. You can find the patterns on Ravelry.
They are from Adorable Amigurumi.
My oldest is into snakes, so for her birthday, I made her a snake.

No comments:

Post a Comment