11 April 2011

A Rainy Monday

We had a busy Sunday. I took my daughters to church for service (and coffee making) and then Sunday (LIGHT) School, signed them up for VBS (Vacation Bible School), took them to brunch (at Big Boy's) because I had a bad feeling. I felt that there would be no food for anyone at the church on Sunday and I didn't like that. But what was I to do about it. There were three (yes 3) girls left at the church while their parents left to go get lunch with their other children. I offered to go to my house and get a wheel of cheese and some crackers to feed all those children. But no one wanted that. After I stayed at the church with the 3 girls who were abandoned after calling all their parents to let them know that they girls had not been fed (hey what can I say) and that they were waiting for them. Only one girl knew her phone number (or her parent's cell number) and the other two did not. When I called for them, they were not there or not answering. One girl had someone at her house who answered but did not know where the parents were (really...you leave your child somewhere and don't leave a number)! But he would try to locate them. After the final child was picked up, I took my girls to the zoo. The Cincinnati Zoo's female giraffe had a baby! She is a pretty little girl. I don't know who took this photo, but I love how the parents are wrapping their necks around their little girl. She is sooooo cute. I had a feeling that with the good weather and the new baby that the zoo would be crowded, but I figured that at 3 p.m. (2 hours to closing) it would be easy to get a place to park. Boy, was I WRONG! There wasn't any parking, anywhere! So I took my daughters to Krohn Conservatory. This is a like a very large greenhouse with different areas of flowers and plants. It is just a really nice place to visit. They are getting ready for their butterfly show! My children are so excited about this! I also cannot wait for this show. It is the butterflies of Brazil!!! After that we went up to a park that is called Overlook park, but there wasn't any parking there either. After that failed, I took the girls to McDonald's the outdoor play area McDonald's was not open, so we went to the one in Taylor Mill, KY. Let me tell you about that real quick....dirty, dirty, dirty. They only clean it once a week and on Sunday, it was filthy!!! Also, paying customers beware. Training for new employees at this site....non-existent. Poor kid, first day and they threw him to the wolves. After that visite my mother-in-law (she is still recuperating) and they girls like it better when she is upright.

Today, had the van checked out and there aren't any more critical oil leaks. So we will move onward. Then I worked with my youngest daughter's class and then brought her home to feed her and then we went to McDonald's to visit with a friend for a moment and then to the post office to send a box of goodies to my nephew (in college). I have fun filling up boxes for him. He doesn't know what he will get and I have fun picking things out for him. But the rain makes things gloomy. But I will take my middle daughter to the store to search for a dress for her for her 1st Communion and maybe get a few other clothes.

So stay dry (if it is raining by you) and have a good Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment