04 February 2011

Christmas 2011

Yes, I know I said, Christmas and I know we just finished Christmas less than 2 months ago. But I just started working on my list of Christmas gifts I want to try and make for this year. I do this every year. I sit downa and write out the names of my family. I figure out what I want to make for them for Christmas and then I'll put it on my computer with the hopes that I can make it seem manageable.

Every year, I purchase a scrap book style calendar and print photos that I took over the year to create a calendar for my family members.

Every year, I make a list of things I want to knit or crochet for people and their favorite colors. This is important, because I want to use a color they like so that maybe they'll wear or use whatever I am making.

My goal...finish a large number of afghans. Wish me luck. I also plan on making a lot of hats and scarves. Several dishcloths....that is being worked on right now. I finished another dishcloth. My list includes those I consider knitworthy...this year I have to make hat and scarf for my husband, he is so very knitworthy.

My children also fall on the knitworthy list and I want to make them several pairs of socks, so I need to get those on needles and learn how to turn that heel!!! I am going to try and go to a LYS on Saturday (last Saturday) morning and learn how to get the heel turned.

What are your plans for Christmas? Are you making things or buying them.

1 comment:

  1. A friend of mine gave me yarn. His mother is in a facility and she had bags and bags of old yarn. It is that old stuff acrylic. I think that I am going to have fun with it and make an afghan for him to give to her by the holiday. she might enjoy seeing her old yarn in a finished project

    ReplyDelete