06 February 2011

My Mother-in-Law

Yesterday, my mother-in-law fell again. This is the 2nd fall that we know of where she was injured. She fell the week before her anniversary and blackened her eye. Pressure was applied to make the house more accessible for her or moving into a facility that would allow them to be independent and yet have someone checking on them daily.

But, yesterday she fell again and this time it was worse. She refused to allow EMS to be called and she laid on the floor at home for several hours. We were not called until after I had left with the children to go to my mom's for supper. Then they called and talked to my husband who headed down to face off with his mother.

But just before he arrived she deteriorated and had to be taken out by EMS (yes, they were finally able to call because she wasn't coherent). I was then called to the hospital to be with the family and help them keep it together, keep everyone on same page. During night she tried to get out of bed several times and was finally catheterized. My sister-in-law is beside herself and my husband is worried.

Thankfully, my husband's cousins (that I call my own as well) are going to watch my young children for me until I can get back to them and then I can spend several hours with her and my husband can sleep until it is time for work again tonight.

Please keep my mother-in-law and the family in your prayers. It is going to be a long process.

No comments:

Post a Comment