14 February 2011

Just a Few Updates

I will start with the biggie: My mother-in-law is out of the hospital and in a rehab. She is relearning how to use her left side and how to walk. She has a long road ahead. She has some moments where she is so on, she knows where she is, how many children and grandchildren she has. Other times, she doesn't know and she has forgotten her granddaughters. It will be a long road, but one that she is making.

Next up: I have started a project...I will be making at least one prayer shawl a month (I hope) to give to my friend's practice. She is a nurse midwife and she and I were talking about new mom's who have lost their baby during childbirth (or having to deliver a deceased baby). I helped her acquire her first prayer shawl for a mom who just went through such a sad time. My friend's little granddaughters wanted to touch the prayer shawl and were shocked that I was making something different. Good thing the prayer shawl is easy. Thank you Debbie Macomber for this pattern (you can find it on her webpage).

Then: My husband and I became ill....not just a little ill, but a lot ill. High fevers with coughing. Both of us sick at the same time...not good. I went and saw a nurse practicioner at the Kroger on Sunday and found out it is not flu....thank God. But I need to rest....like that is going to happen. After the days I have had, more than likely I will be heading down to my doctor to get some antibiotics, so that I can finally get over whatever virus I had that decided to morph into something else. Typical days while sick: I had to take the children out of the house so they could use some of their energy...Then I had to do laundry. Today, Monday, I took all the computers (4 of them) that my husband had acquired for donation to a school out of the house - delivering them. Then I went to kindergarten and picked up my daughter to take her on a play date. From there I went to Walmart to buy my daughters some new underwear. From there I went to be a mom for a classroom party. Then I went to Kroger's and picked up a prescription for my husband, picked up some items to use for cooking a supper that my husband asked for. Brought all this home and put it away. Then went back to the school to pick up my daughters from Lego Club...something they are really enjoying. Home again to start homework with the kids, start cooking supper and getting them into baths and bed. From there I will have to feed the kids, and do the dishes and more laundry! Bedtime...I sleep on the couch and wake up when the buzzer goes off on the dryer.

Where is my husband? Good question....he played on the computer all day. Then he went to bed when I brought the girls home. He is not allowed to do laundry because he doesn't follow directions and has ruined enough clothing. He needed to rest because he is sick...When my fever hit 103.3 I still had to take care of the kids! I am sore and I am tired and I am a wee bit irritated with him. Good thing the new couch is so comfy!

Edited to add: He is sick, also. He has been running fevers and he did take care of the kids as he started to get sick, but today just wore me out and I am cranky. He is a good man and he does try to help. Now to start the dishes and put away the food.

No comments:

Post a Comment