19 January 2013

So Much Happening!

I finished a DPN Pouch for my friend, Caren. It turned out pretty cute. I used an "antique" button for the front closure.
I finished another hat for the crochet test patterns. I am happy with the way it turned out. I didn't change colors as suggested in the pattern, as I used a multi color skein. My daughter loves it! That is all that matters to me. The author of the pattern is Tamara Slack and she has an Etsy shop called OzarkLake Crochet. http://www.etsy.com/listing/101266886/crochet-pattern-sale-pdf-instructions
I received an email from Bernat yarn talking about a scarf called Temperature Scarf! It looks really interesting and I think I want to try making one for my area. Just not sure who will get the recipient! Check it out and share your photos if you make one too! http://blog.bernat.com/2013/01/18/temperature-scarf-cal-and-kal/
My friend, Caren, had made me some beautiful stitch markers for crochet and knitting. Loved them so much that I asked her to teach me how to make stitch markers. So one day, she brought her supplies and taught me how to make my own markers!
Just love them! So I went to the store and found some of the necessary items to make stitch markers. Still need more, but I got a start! Then last night just to keep practicing, I made 2 more crochet stithc markers.
I am just getting started and can't wait to see where I am in a year! Thanks, again, Caren, for the new skills!

No comments:

Post a Comment