29 November 2009

My Daughter, the Comedienne

My middle girl can come up with some one liners that will stop you in your tracks. Back in July, we went to visit family. The area is known for the Amish who live there and certain areas are more aromatic than others. While driving through one of these areas, my husband commented on the smell. My daughter says, "Somebody hit a skunk." We told her that no one had hit a skunk that was the smell of horses. She replies, "Somebody hit a horse?" After we stopped laughing we explained that the horses manure was the cause of the smell.

Another time, she asked us, "Where are we?" When we told her we were in Massillon, she replied with, "It's cold in Massillon." Her sister (my other comedienne) says, "No, that is the air conditioner."

Then recently, while driving to the Art Museum, we were explaining relationships to her again. When I said her Daddy's brother, she quips, "You have a brother?"

Then again, during a temper tantrum, caused by her not getting her way, she says to me, "I want my Daddy and you won't let me have him!" I explained to her once again, her Daddy is at work and that she could have him when he got home.

Then later during the same temper tantrum. I explained that Aladdin would be over when she finally finished eating her supper. She says, "I want to watch Aladdin." Her sister quips, "Eat faster!"

As they get older, I am certain it will be memorable. I have to keep a list of the things they say. They won't believe me when they get older.

No comments:

Post a Comment