29 November 2009

Birthdays, Illness, Projects and Christmas

We have been so very busy. We celebrated my youngest daughter's birthday (2 days before mine) and then my birthday, followed by Thanksgiving. During all of this, my children stayed ill or they became ill. This is par for the course. We spent many days traveling down to Kentucky. We went down on Friday (the 20th) to celebrate my daughter's birthday with my family (primarily my parents and brother and one sister and one niece). We went down to the Cincinnati Art Museum for her birthday (the 21st is my brother-in-law's birthday) and she wanted to spend some time at the Museum and my sister-in-law and nephew came with us. They made dragon masks, heard stories about dragons and then we went to a late lunch early supper at Ruby Tuesday's. This has become the thing to do with the girls. They love to celebrate with their aunt and have lunch or supper at Ruby Tuesday's. Then we went over to my mother and father-in-law's house to celebrate with them and my other brother-in-law. We purchased and ice cream cake from Dairy Queen on the way over. The girls just love their grandparents and they love to visit with them. Then Sunday, my oldest daughter started vomiting. So we just stayed home and watched TV, while my husband and younger girls went to a park to play. Then Monday, I started the Thanksgiving cooking. I cooked 2 turkey breasts for Thanksgiving. Monday and Tuesday the girls went to school and were off for the rest of the week. Tuesday, was my birthday and my husband didn't make a cake for me, but he promised to make it up to me. Wednesday, we took girls to the dentist, got more medicine called in for the older two girls since they were still coughing and couldn't get them into the doctor on Wednesday. Then we went back to Kentucky to celebrate my birthday with my family. Thursday (Thanksgiving), we got the house ready for the visit from my in-laws. My mother, father and brother-in-law came to our house for Thanksgiving and we had a nice visit. I really enjoy visiting with them. I have also started working on family trees for my daughters. I am working on it through ancestry.com. I like how it is working out. I think it will be beneficial to get all this information now while my in-laws are around to provide the information on their side. It seems that my mother-in-law can trace her family back to the Revolutionary War. My side is not that far. But I have a tree that my cousin had worked on and when she passed away they wanted a family member to take it with them (my cousin was a Sister of Notre Dame). So I am going to try and put that information as much as possible on the tree and I have been asking other family members to help with information also. We will see what comes of that.

Christmas is coming. I usually have my Christmas cards signed and addressed ready to mail by the end of October. I then mail them a day or two before Thanksgiving so that they arrive at their intended address by Friday or Saturday after Thanksgiving. I even did this after I had my youngest. I had to finish writing them and addressing them after her birth, while in the hospital. I put up my Christmas tree (it is just a light tree) in the living room. My girls are getting so excited for the holidays and I want them to enjoy them. We will start Christmas cookie baking soon. A little here, a little there. They will be included as Christmas gifts. I have finished a few more dish cloths and I am working on my youngest niece's hat. I really need to get that finished for her.

Hope everyone has a good week leading up to St. Nicholas's Day. We will put up stockings on this date and the girls will get gifts from St. Nick. Time to feed the children, wash some bed clothes and clothing and put away laundry from yesterday (it wasn't dry when I fell asleep last night).

No comments:

Post a Comment