15 November 2009

It is November, Already!!!

It seems that the time has just flown by. I have been so busy. First, we had to make costumes for my children. My youngest daughter is the only one who was allowed to wear a costume to school for her "Halloween Party." My older two daughters were not allowed to wear costumes and it was called a "Harvest Party." But they still want to wear their costumes in some fashion to school. So to get around the rules, we buy real clothes and the accessories get to stay home. For instance, my youngest was a fairy princess. We bought her a fancy party dress (it twirls), wings, a tiara and a wand. She was so happy and she looked adorable. My middle girl decided to be Jack Hanna again. So we shop in the boys clothes to find khaki pants and a khaki shirt, then we go through the toys and find animals that she can carry with her. My oldest wanted to be a witch, so we bought a purple outfit, a matching purple hat, a broom and gave her a cauldron. We didn't go trick-or-treating, we went to a friend's house for a party and they were so excited to be there. They had a blast, my nephew came along, because he wanted to go somewhere and do something for Halloween and we had an activity.

I finally brought the little black cat in from the outside. Halloween is a dangerous time for cats, especially black colored cats. She was very uncertain her first days in the house, and we would take her out to the garage whenever we would leave. We were keeping her away from the boys (the indoor cats) until she was examined by the vet and determined to be healthy. She is now officially in the house forever and for good and the vet we choose to treat her is so truly awesome. She did really well. I was worried because of all the times I had been clawed when husband and children got too close to me when I was carrying her. Every day she and the boys work out their differences, but it is getting better.

I have my Christmas cards written, addressed, photo inserted and ready to mail. That is the mess that she was standing in. I have some Christmas presents finished and ready to be given (sorry no hints given on this gift until after Christmas). I finished 2 prayer shawls (the Debbie Macomber website Triangular Prayer Shawl). I am excited about that! I have 3 more on needles, one is almost finished and the other two are just on needles. I have a hat on needles (I really need to finish that), a dish cloth that is almost finished, a rug (I only use the leftovers from the dishcloths, so that is going slowly).

So many, many birthdays!!!! First belated birthdays: my husband, my uncle Bob, my friend Marilyn, my friend Elaine, my friend's son: Phillip (he is 19!!!), my adopted "mom" Peggy, my dad and my cousin, Denise. For those that are coming: my brother-in-law Tim, my youngest daughter (she is going to be 5!!!), my cousin's daughter (same day as my daughter-17 hours apart), my other cousin's daughter (same day as me), my birthday, my friend Judy, and my uncle Bill. Happy Anniversary to my cousin Kathy and her husband Bob, my friend's mom and dad: Keith and Angela. To all those that I have forgotten to mention, I hopefully, did not forget to call you.

We are going to be so busy next weekend, celebrating my youngest daughter's birthday.

Christmas is coming and I have so many more gifts to make and so little time. Hopefully, this time of constant activity will quit so I can finish the presents. It has been so stressful. I need to get more birthday cards so I can get them out to those I haven't yet.

For those, who get Christmas cards from us, we are on track to have them delivered to you by the Day after Thanksgiving, just like always. Roll your eyes, grit your teeth and be prepared.

Next up, to what has taken some of my time: I am a Girl Scout leader for my older daughters Daisy Troop. They are so excited. My middle girl wants constant love and attention at the meetings and I have to keep reminding her that while I am her mom, at the meetings I am the leader and she cannot keep coming to me for kisses. My youngest comes to the meetings and tells everyone that she is a Daisy Girl Scout too. Hopefully, soon I will have their uniforms in time for the Lebanon Horse and Carriage parade on Dec 5th. They are so excited about everything they are doing and I am glad that they are enjoying this.

Have a great November.

No comments:

Post a Comment