31 May 2016

Memorial Day and the Weekend

Wow! The month flew by! We celebrated my oldest daughter's birthday. We went to Pennsylvania to go to an amusement park. We have been working on finishing up school. My girls and husband went to a baseball game. We have been busy and having fun.

With the end of school, we have been signing up for Reading programs at our libraries (yep, I said libraries). We usually finish the one with the Lebanon Public Library very quickly. So, I learned to sign the girls up for other library reading programs. The best thing is that the girls do enjoy reading and they like reading programs and going to things at different libraries. I sign them up for many different things, just so they can get around other kids.

Reading Programs near Lebanon, OH:
Lebanon Public Library This is a fast finish program and you get a free shirt at the end. It is for kids only up to age 18. The theme this year is Legos. Basically, under a certain age is 20 books, over a certain age is every 50 pages 20 times. Basically 2 very big books (think "Harry Potter" or "Percy Jackson", anything over 500 or 600 pages).
Dayton Metro Public Library This one gives prizes based on hours read and you can borrow from any in the network (they have a lot and different locations have different books). Teens and Adults can log online and 6th and under have papers to fill out. Nice prizes. Don't forget to check out their adult activities! Quick note: Adults get for borrowed items vs hours. Teens and kids are for hours.
Cincinnati Hamilton County Public Library This also can be done online, but they don't give cards to kids (yep, they don't give to kids, I should know, my kids weren't allowed to have cards and if you log your kids reading along with yours you finish very quickly). I tried to sign up all the kids under my card, but it wouldn't allow it and after being frustrated, I quit.
Washington Centerville Public Library Teens can log books online and they have some fun prize choices. Kids from birth to 5th grade have to fill out papers and turn them in at the library, but they have fun prizes, too. My kids are in heaven that they can log in books from home.
Mary L Cook Public Library Adults get an entry when they borrow books. Kids get an entry when they borrow books, teens keep track of the books they read on paperwork in the teen room. They have chances for prizes and they get bonuses for coming in weekly.
Mason Public Library This is the main page. They have something for kids and teens in the summer and reading program for adults in the winter.

All of these libraries have digital collections and you can borrow a book online and send to a Kindle or a tablet or computer. Check them out! If you aren't close to any of these libraries....no worries, check out the library near you! They are great place and the people who work there are wonderful and fun.

They are looking forward to the summer. We will play in the water in the pool across the street. We will go to library programs, read books and see the grandfathers. We are also supposed to walk in a parade to support their cousin, Matt Wahlert. He is running for office for State Representative for the 32nd District in OH. I think this is good for them. They get learn how much he has to do to get people to listen to his ideas and agree he should be in office.

We are going to a concert to see the Youth CYSO perform for Memorial Day. We still need to wander up to see my husband's aunt and down to see a wonderful families that I call my own.

I am still working on cleaning out my email, I had quite a few removed, but then I was not able to work on it, the number went up again. But I figure a little every day, will make it happen. I get frustrated easily that our wifi runs slow. I can go to other places and it works fine.


Afghans:
White As Snow Cable Knit Throw
Wavy Shell Afghan
Magical Mist Throw
Offset Shells Afghan
Rainbow Chevron Afghan

Bags:
Dynamite Market Bag
Market Tote Bag
Rainbow Pocket Market Bag - this is from Moogly Blog and is a pattern that I keep saving to my blog...why? Because I really like the looks of the market bag. I would like to make several for myself and many as gifts for friends.
Rainbow Runner Tote Bag - This is also from Moogly Blog and I think I have saved it a few times as well.
Toy Basket

Cozy:
Hand Sanitizer Cozy cute way to carry hand sanitizer...if you go places with kids and have run into a bathroom that had no more soap, this works.

Dishcloth:
Starfish Dishcloth - this one looks so fun
Rainbow Sherbet Dishcloth
Citrus Slice Dishcloth
Cookie Jar Dishcloth

Hats:
Sunshine and Shells Hat
Lazy River Beanie
Rainbow Hood for Tots
Entrelac Hat

Just for Fun:
Roll Up Checker Board - you can use pennies and nickels as the checkers.

Shawl:
Blueberry Bush Summer Shawl

Socks:
Pansy Path Socks

Squares:
Corner Square
Little Dahlia Square
Owl Square


No comments:

Post a Comment