20 August 2015

Favorite Author Favorite Books

Do you have a favorite author? A favorite genre? I do have a favorite genre, but I don't have a favorite author. I have many favorite authors. I have been enjoying mysteries written by Donna Andrews and Jessica Beck. Donna Andrews is great for improving your vocabulary and her stories are fun. From the names (like "Some Like it Hawk"), to fun things that seem to happen in the stories. Jessica Beck writes mysteries revolving around a donut shop. Another favorite author is James Patterson, I really enjoy the Women's Murder Club mysteries. Recently, on FB, I saw a list of 15 books that he recommends for reading. I thought I might like to look and read some of them, best place to save the list....here!

15 Books Recommended by James Patterson

 1. Night Dogs by Kent Anderson
 2. Ice Harvest by Scott Phillips
 3. Marathon Man by William Goldman
 4. Cutter and Bone by Newton Thornburg
 5. Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple
 6. The Wanderers by Richard Price
 7. In the Kingdom of Ice by Hampton Sides
 8. Even this I Get To Experience by Norman Lear
 9. Mrs. Bridge by Evan S. Connell
10. The Painted Bird by Jerzy Kosinski
11. The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick
12. Escape from Mr. Lemoncello's Library by Chris Grabenstein - I have read this one and loved it. So did my girls. It is a book version of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Ronald Dahl. It has some similarities, but a great many differences.
13. The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
14. The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak - this one is on my Kindle waiting for me to read. I really do want to read this and then see the movie.
15. The Life and Opinions of Tristam Shandy, Gentleman by Laurence Sterne

No comments:

Post a Comment