25 May 2013

Broomstick Lace Picture Tutorial

When I was young (about 12), my mother taught me how to make broomstick lace. Today, someone was asking how to make broomstick lace and so I decided it would be a good idea to put together a tutorial on it. I am sure there are others, but it is so simple. It is fiddly when you are starting, but practice makes it better.

First, get a large knitting needle. You only need one and the larger the needle, the larger the lace.
Chain in multiples of 5. For this I only chained 20. There will be 4 groupings when finished. 

Go through each chain and place a loop on the needle.
Take the loops off in groups of 5. Then begin working with a chain up for either a sc, hdc, or dc. You will then put 4 on the first grouping, and then 5 on the 2nd grouping, 3rd grouping and 4th grouping.
Pull up the loops again and repeat until piece is as long as you would like it.
Have fun with it. It is really simple and fun.

Also, more links for patterns that I would like to make sooner or later. The list just keeps growing.

Ripples, Stole, peace-sign-granny-squares (this one I really find interesting), crochet sock patterns, Gizmo pattern, Colorful Elephant, Cat Door Stop.

Found this and think it is worth saving for helping girls remember the periodic table:  Periodic Table Song.

Don't forget to thank a veteran today. I am blessed to have 8 in my life and I appreciate all they gave so we could continue to be free. 2 were stationed in Germany. My uncle and sister-in-law. They had different jobs and different times. 1 stationed in Korea (during the war). 1 stationed in Panama (during Vietnam conflict), 3 on submarines during Cold War. They are all special and loved.
Have a great weekend.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment