09 July 2011

RIP Marti

Friday, 8 July 2011, my husband's cousin, Marti, left her life with us and went to join her parents and God in heaven. Marti had been diagnosed with Stage 3 Ovarian Cancer. She lived longer than anyone thought she would. She was not to live past a year, over 4 years ago. But she was a fighter, who had a heart of gold. Towards the end she was living in a facility and only wanted to get home to see her dog one more time. She never made it home, to her earthly house, but she went home to God. Marti was a knitter/crocheter. She helped me to find yarn for my girls for their special scarves, hats, and socks. She and I spent a weekend night talking about knitting and yarn. In fact, she was such a good sport that she had her picture taken with a sock I was working on. I never finished the sock, more because I didn't realize that working a heel in a car with a driver who likes to hit potholes, was a very bad idea. I had to tear out and since I am getting to an age where I need bifocals (and still don't have them) I couldn't catch my stitches to reclaim and start again when I wasn't in a car. I am praying that she is with her family and that the family that remains is able to find their own peace with her loss. Goodbye Marti, you will be missed. But we are glad that you are no longer in pain.

1 comment: