19 July 2011

More Finished Projects

I have been a very busy knitter. I am motivated. I want to finish some things so I can work on the things I want to work on. So I finished the One-Eyed Monster in Red, with the pattern posted in my blog. (I need 2 one in red and one in blue). I finished a prayer shawl for a man. It is crochet. It is a simple pattern and I don't remember where I saw it and I don't remember who claims it, but I did use it and I will share it and if the person who developed it says "It's mine." I will gladly give the credit. Basically, you chain 63. The 1st row is single crochet. The 2nd row is half double crochet. The 3rd row is double crochet. You repeat these rows until the shawl is 60 inches or wingspan length. I quit at 63 inches. Now my problem with this piece was the type of yarn that I used. I couldn't see my stitches very well and so it started to become narrow in spots. So be careful what type of yarn you use. I finished a scarf called the Universal Scarf by Vicki Square (http://www.interweave.com/wir/kr110604.htm#2). It is a simple, pretty scarf that knits up quickly. I liked it so much I started another one. I finished 2 pocket purses for a project that my friend and I are going to work on. We are going to make all the little girls in our group that goes around together (11 girls), 1 purse, 1 pocket purse, 1 sunglass case, 1 scarf, 1 hat. The little guys (only 2 boys) are going to get 1 messenger bag (not a big one because they are small), 1 sunglass case, 1 scarf, 1 hat, 1 cell phone case (for use with walkie talkies), a scarf and a hat. For our DHs who are wonderful men, a scarf and if we have the time, a hat. We also will make them duct tape wallets in rival colors (Blue and Gold - Navy/Notre Dame for my friend's husband who cheers for UC and Red and Black for my husband who cheers for Navy). I finished a pocket prayer square with an army eagle image in it for a friend. I will be mailing it this week. I also finished a dishcloth with 3 crosses and a pocket prayer square with 3 crosses. The dishcloth is being mailed for an exchange and the other was given to a neighbor who just got a job as a police officer. I am working on a Prayer Afghan using knitting and crochet together. Some of the squares are knit on a diagonal. Other squares are granny squares. I think it is coming together nicely, but it is taking some time. I am also working on a Cable Sampler Scarf from a Debbie Macomber book and from her website (http://debbiemacomber.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=nnp&pageID=265). I am really liking this scarf because I am learning cables at the same time.
Happy Crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment