19 December 2010

Owned by Cats

I recently commented on my Facebook, that you know that you are owned by a cat when you turn on your heating pad and your cat gets on it and you don't move him/her/them. I have arthritis from breaking so many bones and sometimes after shoveling snow (or waiting for it to fall), I will ache and so I turn on the heating pad and then I have to get up and I leave it on because I know that I will come right back to that spot. My cats have discovered that the heating pad is warm and that it helps them feel better also (one cat has arthritis also). My husband thinks it is very funny that I have lost my heating pad to the cats. The cats even wait turns for it. It is so funny to see one cat curled on the pad and then when he gets off to go get a drink, something to eat or use the litter box and there is a cat waiting nearby to get on.

These cats have been such nice company for me when my husband worked third (when we were newly married) and then when he would be sent to other plants in other states, owned by the company (had two babies and a third on the way) and now that he is back on third shift with the new company. The cats sleep on his side of the bed. He also really loves these cats... He laughs that if I am sitting and available the cats are fighting for space on or beside me, but when I am not available, he becomes their next choice.

We have had a lot of snow and my children have been outside as much as they possibly can, sliding down the hill... They have these little dogs, called Eddie dogs. You can find them at Eddie Bauer outlets. They keep taking the dogs outside to "exercise" them. The girls are too funny, taking to stuffed dogs outside.

The weather people are saying more snow on the way. I pray that it isn't much so the girls can have their three days of school before the winter break (please note not Christmas, but winter).

I have finished another dishcloth, 2 scarves (one very long) and I have started one for a teacher. It should be finished quickly since I am not getting fancy with it.

This is the very long scarf, that I made for my friend, it uses alpaca yarn that her sister found.
This is the dishcloth that I made for my mother-in-law. She really likes these dishcloths.
This is a scarf that I made for a friend's daughter.

Count Down to Christmas: 6 more knitting/crochet days and counting....Merry Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment