25 December 2010

Merry Christmas, Everyone

Happpy Birthday, Jesus. I think it is important to say that also. It is His birthday and yet we are the recipients of gifts. My family and friends and I played Santa to many people in our area this year. I am lucky I can participate in this activity. We bought gift cards, made gifts, bought gifts, bought food and shared with as many people as we could over such a short period. It is amazing how many people are in need and how few are able to help. But this year we were able to help and I am grateful (Thank you God) for being able to help. My family (husband and I) like to help as many as we can to make sure that others get the help they need.

My family and I attended church at St. Luke Lutheran church in Cold Spring, KY. Last night. It was wonderful. It has been ages since we were there! More due to distance in miles than not wanting to attend church. We had our neice and had to return her to her father, so we took her to church with us. She said, "Church is boring." My youngest said, "Not our church. It is fun!" I think this is a tribute to Pastor Harry and Sharey Biles. So my neice asked if she could attend church with us and we took her. She really seemed to like it. Then we took her to Grandma and Grandpa's house. The girls ran some more. They have so much fun together!

This morning the girls woke up so very early and they were so happy with their gifts. They received what they wanted from Santa (sort of). Esther got a large stuffed dog and a small one that jumps. Hannah got a "Toothless" flying dragon toy, Magic Tree House books, Nicole got a large fire truck and a semi with color changing cars in it. That made it worth all the fighting they have been doing. They are so happy to get clothes. Board games (Parcheesi, Yahtzi, Monopoly Jr, Memory, etc).

Have a Merry Christmas all and Happy Birthday, Jesus!

If you can do something nice for someone who needs it, please do so. It could be as small as buying some canned goods to take to a food pantry.

3 comments:

  1. You are so correct. Doing something for someone in need is easy to do.
    BTW, is that count up clock accurate?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, the count is correct. I have been good about buying. But I have been receiving a lot of yarn from friends (as gifts or because they were clearing out their stash).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just realized, yes the count was correct, my friend was the one who bought the yarn (because she also bought for her children to help hide my work from anyone who might have seen me working on the scarf for the little girl we played Santa for). I was trying to stash bust, but my cotton yarn count was getting low and I bought yarn today.

    ReplyDelete