22 December 2009

So much to do, so little time

So much has been happening. My DH and I took our DDs to the Horse and Carriage Parade in Lebanon, Ohio. It was wonderful. So many horses and carriages and people really get into the event. My favorite was the Grinch and Cindy Lou Who and the Rein Horse. It was a great day, but sad also. It seems that there had been a fire in one of the barns, many horses perished as well as two men. Very sad. Pray for the families affected.

Then Saint Nicholas visited our girls. He brought them books (they love to read) and a few cars and a Fur Real Friend baby. DD3 is still carrying hers with her. DD1 sleeps with hers. DD2 takes hers, puts it down and walks away and then we go back to get it.

Sick children have been keeping us busy. We spend a lot of time visiting the doctor, just to get a note. Our school district is so strict on how many days a child can miss, but don't want them when they are ill. My children have been so busy fighting me on getting ready, that they have missed their buses and then I have to drive them to school. The oldest and the middle and youngest all start at the same time and are about 7 miles apart school wise. Makes for an interesting commute.

Basketball practices have started. Each girl is on a team and the younger two will play against each other for one game. It will be a lot of fun to watch them play. My older two practice at Urbancrest Baptist Church and my youngest practices at Praise and Worship. This keeps me busy during the week.

While at DD3's practice, I taught a 4 year old girl how to knit. She loved it so much. I finished the item and then gave it to her mom (she is a neighbor and church member). Her mom had even taken a photo of us working on it together. She said she is going to save it in her memory book.

I have been very busy making gifts, but I still have such a long way to go. My family and friends are a true blessing and I am very glad to have them. I just wish I had more time. I feel like I am constantly busy and no down time.

My Girl Scout Troop worked on a Service Project collecting food for the Lebanon Food Pantry. They didn't collect a lot, but the troop is small and young and the day of the collection was very snowy. So I am not worried. They did the service project and they had a good time.

My DH and I took the girls to the Krohn Conservatory. They have an awesome display for Christmas and the girls were able to see a really wonderful Creche. It had live animals and life size display. They had a good time.

My DD2 is upset that I did not attend her school party, but I explained that her younger sister would have to attend and she said that she didn't want me. My DD1 was a little upset that I had not attended her school party, but I explained to her that her sisters would have had to attend and she said she was glad I hadn't come also. My DD3 had her gingerbread making on Monday. She made a cute house. Then when we were home, she ate all the candies off of it.

Last day of school is today. It is going to a be a long 2 weeks of no school. I will have to come up with some interesting ways to keep the children busy until school starts again. McDonald's will only work for so long. The space is smaller and more confined than it used to be so not as many children can play as before. Going to other places have to be economical.

When I get the photos downloaded I'll put up the photos from the Krohn. Such a lovely place. I will also put up some of the photos from the Gingerbread making. The moms that I am friends with and I just put our cameras out and take photos and then send them to each other. We have a good time.

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment