27 December 2009

Santa, Christmas and Family

It has been a busy 4 days. Let me say, Happy Birthday, Margaret. My friend, who is also like a sister to me has her birthday today.

Now onto business. My DH and I took our DDs to see Santa. We put a wreath on my husband's family plot at the cemetary and then went to another cemetary to find my family's stones and make sure they were okay.

On Thursday, I made 4 batches of cookies: Peanut Butter, Cowboy, Chocolate Chip, and Oatmeal. These were added to the presents to share. My brother-in-law's were opened by everyone else and eaten before he even had a chance at them. Poor guy. He is really sweet.

On Friday, Christmas day, we went to my mother, my friend (that I call mother) and my mother-in-law. Poor lady thought I was upset with her. Not sure why I would even consider such a thing. When we told her where we were and what we were doing she understood our lateness. But we helped her out as soon as we arrived and supper was served as usual.

My other brother-in-law came into town. It is so good to see him again. He is looking good. He got the chance to visit with his neices and he is going to a football game on Sunday. He should have a good time. We shared photos.

My DDs all got Children's Dictionaries. My middle DD even started using hers to look up words.

I made many dishcloths to be given as gifts. I even gave one to my brother-in-law who is in visiting. He had not received one before and so he was saying that as a blanket it was small. My husband let him know that he would be envied because I have a hard time keeping any for myself since every time I get one finished they fly right out the door.

I also finished my neice's hat. Now I only have to finish her penguin, her blanket, her scarf and her clown. She needs lots of knitted love. We don't get to see her very much and she is so sweet. I may have to teach her how to knit. For now, I will continue to teach the neighbor's children and my children. I am in the process of teaching my youngest DD to tie her own shoes. She accomplished it once, but then stopped.

The girls are so intrigued with their gifts, it was hard to get them to do anything else, yesterday. We should be up for resting today after church. We will have to see what the day brings. Have a happy Christmas season (I was reminded that the season does not end until Three Kings Day) and a good Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment