28 July 2016

Spinach Pancakes (or to get the kids to eat them....Chocolate Chocolate Chip Pancakes)

I have kids who will not eat veggies or fruits religiously, but they will eat chocolate (yep, they are my kids, my mother-in-laws kids, etc). So one day I saw a cooking show and the cook made Chocolate Chocolate Pancakes or Chocolate Veggie Pancakes, I forget what she called them. I made changes and made my own version...I tell my kids straight up, they are spinach pancakes, they still eat them.

Place in blender:
1 small zucchini, cut off ends and then chop up
1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
2 tbsp honey (or more depending on what you like)
1 small apple, chopped up
1 medium sized banana, broken in half
1 cup carrots, chopped
1 handful (about 1 cup) spinach (rinsed)
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp sour cream
When I have it, I also chop up a pear.

Blend until it is soupy.

In a large bowl, combine about 2 cups Bisquick (it is faster and easier), 1/3 cup cocoa (good Dutch kind), 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips. Add the blender mixture and stir until it is well combined, then cook on a hot skillet. Serve with fruit (strawberries, blueberries, etc) and powdered sugar or lite syrup, whatever makes you happy.

First time you serve this, do not tell the kids what is in it, just serve it, if they are near when you start the blender, throw the cocoa in the blender, it will hide the green from the fruits and veggies. Once you have them hooked, it doesn't matter, they will eat it every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment