17 March 2013

March Updates

        As I have stated in the past entry I am working on reading and wip's. Since it has been awhile since I last posted, it is time for an update.

On the reading front:

A - Aesop's Fables (finished)
Around the World in Knitted Socks
Amigurumi World: Seriously Cute Crochet
A Deadly Yarn
B - Band of Brothers (still working on it) This one counts in the Military Reading Challenge.
Big Book of Knitted Monsters
C - Circular Knitting Workshop
 Cast On, Kill Off
D - Dyer Consequences
A Deadly Yarn (Almost Finished)
G - God Has Better Things to Do Than My Laundry.
Grimm's Fairy Tales.
I - I Funny by James Patterson.
I Love Knitting
J - The Joy of Sox.
K - Knit One, Kill Two.
Knitter's Book of Socks
Knits for Nerds
KnitWit
Knit Your Own Cat
Knit Your Own Dog
Knitting Into the Mystery
M - Maze Keepers.
N - Needled to Death.
Noah's Knits
Never Knit Your Man a Sweater
P - Prayer Shawl Companion
S - Sasha, Extraordinary Daschund
The Silence of the Llamas
T - 200 Hundred Crochet Blocks
U- Unraveled

I am making some progress and I am glad of that.
I started another book called American Sniper: The Autobiography of the Most Lethal Sniper in U. S. Military History by Chris Kyle. An American Hero, recently killed while working with another hero with PTSD. I have to put this book to the front of my list because it is borrowed from the library and there are many who want to read it.

List of WIPs and the FO's:
1. Chunky Crocheted Basket (for my middle daughter). Finished: 3-7-13

2. The Absolute Last Frilly Scarf (for my youngest daughter). Finished: 3/8/13

3. Hogwart's Scarf (for my friend Margaret). Changed the pattern and started again.

4. Prayer Shawl (for Resurrection Lutheran Church Prayer Shawl Ministry). Not touched for awhile, but maybe tomorrow.
5. Thorny KAL (need to get this one started. Not sure who will be recipient).
6. Love Birds (just something fun to make).
7. Granny Slippers (for my youngest). If they turn out well, I will be making several pairs. I really need to finish this. The child is antsy and wants her slippers.
8. Crochet Hook Caddy (for a friend).
9. Needle Case (for friend).
10. Needle Holder (for friend).
11. Wrap (for me. My friend gave me some yarn so that I could make myself a wrap).
12. Granny Square Afghan (There are many in progress. I really need to finish a few).
13. Floppy Dog (need a minimum of 6 or 7 for daughters and neices).
14. Cross Afghan (for donation).
15. Holden Shawlette (for RAK gift for friend).
16. Socks (getting started on learning. Have one on needles, need to make several). I am ready to start the heel, but won't when there is chance of interruptions!
17. Circle Afghan (for DH. I have a good guy. He may frustrate me, but he is good man and I love him and he loves everything I make for him).
18. Baby Monsters (again for fun).
19. A rug (for bathroom).
20. More fingerless mitts (for friends at CU and also my oldest has started requesting them).

I made a matching hat and fingerless mitts for my mother. She says she likes them and is pleased with them. I just hope she uses them.
A first for me. A matching set. All the same color and same yarn. My daughter didn't want to give these up. She loved them very much and wanted them for herself.

If you are in Lebanon, Ohio on April 27, 2013, Resurrection Lutheran Church is going to have a Knit/Crochet - a - thon, to raise money for the Lebanon Community Services/Food Pantry. Also, all items made at the Knit/Crochet-a-thon are to be donated to the churches participating (many of the churches have a knit/crochet group that makes and gives away many items. For instance, UBC makes wash cloths and glass cases to donate to their mission teams. Another, makes and gives away hats and scarves).

Have a great week. I need to get back to work on my reading and knitting (and crochet)!

No comments:

Post a Comment