02 October 2010

Some more finished projects

I finished a few things. A hat for my DD3. It is pink (her favorite color) and it is shorter because she doesn't like it being folded, so it is long enough to fold but short enough that it won't stick up that much should she decide not to fold it over.

I finished another hat for my friend's baby. But it didn't fit. It was too small. That is okay. I have never knitted for a baby before. I have crocheted, I have made counted cross stitch, never knitted, so I am still learning.


I finished a crochet border felt blanket for my neice. I made one for her about a year ago and I was told that she liked the blanket. With the divorce of her parents it is missing. I decided that I needed to make her a new one.

I made a short scarf for a friend of mine. I put a slit in the scarf to allow her to slip the scarf through and she wouldn't have to have so much scarf to cover her neck (given that she is kind of on the short side). Another scarf that I will give to a friend's daughter. She likes browns. It will be easy to wash, especially given that she likes to ride horses and is in college.

I am working on another hat for my neice (to look like the one I made my daughter, just longer). I am working on a few dishcloths. I hope that I can get some more items finished so that I can post pictures soon. But for now I am dealing with pink eye and a broken washing machine. It conked out on Monday, the repairman comes resets it. Shows me how to reset it and then leaves. It works for 4 days and then today of all days it stops during a wash cycle. The towels are drenched. I have to haul all the clothes and wet towels to the laundromat and run them there. I bring them home and am drying them now so that I can put them away. Good things about the laundromat: 1. The people are nice. 2. The wash is completed quickly. 3. I can get some knitting finished. Bad things about the laundromat: 1. It cost $8 to wash two loads of laundry. I had to haul it out and home. 3. I had to wait for my husband to come from the YMCA with the girls because my vehicle is the only completely enclosed and has enough room for three girls (he bought a truck with an open back and can only hold 1 girl comfortably).

Have a good evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment