05 April 2009

So little time

Easter is approaching. I am planning activities for the children of my church (the Kindergarten through 5th graders) and stuffing eggs. To top all of this off, our church lost a member. Her memorial was Saturday and I had to get some food stuffs together for the lunch afterwards. Then I had to take my children to an Easter Egg hunt at the church across the street from my house. They have put on the nicest Easter Egg hunt every year, but this year, we feel that the economy has made people turn out for this when they haven't in the past. My girls who have been able to get at least 10 eggs each (in past years) weren't even able to get one! They were a little upset over this, but the children we know from past events that we have attended together, gave some of their eggs to the girls. The children who took away 60-80 eggs each (taking from the youngest children) ran to their cars as fast as they could. I was shocked at this behaviour. It was like the Firefighters Egg hunt. Today, I will be in Kentucky visiting with my family. My uncle and aunt from Stow, will be in town and I look forward to seeing them every time. Sometimes, I am unable to see them because of illness, but other than allergies, the children are fairly healthy. They are excited, also. They are asking about their great uncle and whether he likes snakes or not. They are so funny.

I will teaching more classes. I have been contacted by East Butler County YMCA and the West Chester Library children's program director. This will definitely be a very busy summer for me, with all the classes.

I am still working on a baby blanket and 2 prayer shawls and 3 socks. The girls are anxiously awaiting the socks to come off the needles. They are so funny. I continue to look for rainbow colored sock yarn....the girls are too funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment