30 April 2009

My Rainbow (and other things)

I have been very busy. The tests results are in and don't at this time show cancer, but they will continue to monitor.
I finished the Athena Smoke Ring. It has one error in it, but that is not bad and I feel like leaving it, because I can't knit without interruptions. Besides, my oldest girl likes to wear it just as it is. She says the boys can't pull it off of me and ruin it. I finished a dishcloth, not very exciting just slip 1st stitch and knit the rest.
I taught a class of 15 women how to knit. They were so much fun that they have decided to have a get together at Panera Breads on May 19th. They are so excited, and I told them that if they make a mistake in the learning phase, they should tell everyone it is a design feature. They liked that and were laughing.
I also have been trying to make a few lapghans. So many sick or injured people at our church. I had to frog my youngest daughters sock (that is what happens when a needle is pulled out).
My oldest girl's birthday is coming up and so I will take her to her very first Mother-Daughter Tea Party. She is so excited about that. She wants to spend the day at Kings Island for her birthday. I have no problem with that.
Kings Island opened 2 weekends ago and we have been there a few times.
The Flying Pig Marathon is Sunday, May 3rd (my oldest girls birthday) and we have to be there to man the 22 mile (The Crest Smile Mile) to man what is supposed to be the GCRC station for hydration, but it will more likely be the Hofacre Family hydration station (so far there will be 8 of us). I really hope that it doesn't rain!
Also, for the past few days, I have been trying to get the grass cut. I start as soon as I get home from dropping youngest daughter at school, quit when it starts raining. Yesterday (29th April), I also moved some of the 3 yards of mulch that we had delivered so that we could mulch our flower gardens. Today, I am sore and will more than likely just take the children somewhere or convince my husband to do so, so that I can sort their clothes (which I started one morning after having to search for summer clothes through winter clothes).
Have a happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment