19 December 2011

6 Days to Christmas

So much has been happening since my last post.

First comes, November. We have a lot of birthdays in November. Some of my friends, my father, my daughter and my birthday. We even have a couple of anniversaries. It is just a very busy month. I did accomplish quite a bit of knitting and crocheting. Quite a bit more to go. To celebrate my birthday, we went to the Cincinnati Zoo. I love going to the zoo. It was a gorgeous day and there were quite a few active animals. This guy did not like my middle daughter. He came charging right up to her, teeth bared and ready to fight. Good thing there was a solid glass wall between them.



3rd December 2011 is the Lebanon Horse and Carriage Parade. I just love this annual event. My children have missed a few due to extreme cold (and their extreme youth) or illness. This year we went with friends. We had a lot of fun. We got down early enough to get a good spot for photos and it was a gorgeous day. I think everyone has their favorite when it comes to horses. I do too! My favorites are Clydesdales. They are so beautiful!

I have also started tutoring a group of kids in math. So now I only have one day a week for myself (so to speak). But it is all good.

I took my girls to the Christmas event at EnterTrainment Junction and they got to see Santa. They loved that! They have been writing to Santa non-stop since they saw him. I love reading their letters. But they haven't understood something major....Santa said, "Listen to your mom and do what she says." I say pick up they go to bed and ignore that. So I finally reached my limit and picked up their toys and put them in a garbage bag and they were put away. The last time I did this the toys disappeared for over a year!

Here are some of the many things I have finished, including many pocket purses, scarves, purses, sunglass cases, Harry Potter styled wands, Harry Potter styled snitches, and hats. Not everything was finished, but that is okay. I will get what I can finished and finish the rest later.






Notes: The snitches were from http://www.innerchildcrochet.com/patterns/the_golden_snitch.php
The Zig Zag Scarf was from http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/90308AD.html?noImages=
The Harry Potter style wands are from: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/harry-potter-inspired-wand
The purse, the pocket purse and the sunglass case are from a book by Anne Akers Johnson....Knitting: Learn to Knit 6 Great Projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment