21 September 2011

More finished projects

I have been very busy knitting. One of my friends and I decided that we wanted to make some really great presents for our girls, her son and their friends. So we found some really great patterns for simple gifts and started working. We are making pocket purses, purses, scarves, Hats (if possible), sunglass cases, wands (ala Harry Potter), snitches.


I have also been making afghans for my brother and father. I took some squares that my mother had made, made 3 more so that I had enough to get a good start and sewed them all together. After I had them connected I started using all the old yarns, from the 1970's and started crocheting around the edges. Then I used all the same colors and started working on another afghan (granny square) for my brother so he and my dad would have the same afghan, but one would have my mother's touch to it (especially since my mother has been diagnosed with multiple myeloma).

Other things that have been happening. School started (as can be evidenced by my previous post) and my cats are more present than ever. Making for some really great photos of them.

Notes: The snitches were from http://www.innerchildcrochet.com/patterns/the_golden_snitch.php
The Zig Zag Scarf was from http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/90308AD.html?noImages=
The Harry Potter style wands are from: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/harry-potter-inspired-wand
The purse, the pocket purse and the sunglass case are from a book by Anne Akers Johnson....Knitting: Learn to Knit 6 Great Projects.
The Penguin is from Lion Brand Yarns
The afghans are granny squares and my mom made some of the small squares and I made some and I am making one very large granny.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you are having lots of fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we are. I hope we are. Right now we are working on the scarves. Hopefully, they will go quickly!

    ReplyDelete