11 June 2010

Just a Few Updates

I have been busy. Yes, I have been playing on Facebook, but I have been working on dishcloths to give as gifts. I have made several. But since they are all about the same, I didn't take a lot of photos. I finished a hat for one daughter, a scarf (used to teach my oldest to knit). All three of my girls decided that they needed to learn how to knit and I had them all sitting around with needles and yarn knitting. Fixing their mistakes when they would pull the yarn off the needles. But only one was still working on her project over the next few days.

School is out. I have pneumonia. Go figure. My asthma takes a turn for the worse and I get very ill. I have another hat almost finished. I finished one prayer shawl in alpaca blue color and gave it to the family of Maria Schafstein (sp?). She died on her way home from spring break. The vehicle she was riding in flipped and she was killed. Others in the vehicle were injured and one is still in critical condition. She went to my alma mater and I just felt I had to share this with her family. I am almost finished with a pink alpaca shawl. I think that will go to a friend. Not sure yet. Usually about that time, I decide. I am still using patterns from a source I have shared before, for the patterns in dishcloths. I finished her leprechaun and pot of gold. It turned out very nice. I used yellow cotton yarn.

I am still working with Girl Scouts. I have a great time with my girls. My co-leader and I work very hard to get the stuff together for the girls to do and then we find all kinds of fun patches they can earn. It is a lot of fun.

My family and I have been spending a lot of time out. We go to the nearby amusement park. Love the place, especially the water side. I can watch them play and have fun, while I knit. I have so much to finish. I also take them to the zoo and to the museums. They get more out of all our activities. So do I. I enjoy being with the girls when they don't fight.

Don't forget Saturday is WWKIP Day. Take your knitting or crocheting out and have fun. Let me know where you plan to knit. For me it will now be in my house. Reason: I have pneumonia and hauling children to another place to play is just too exhausting and I need my rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment