18 June 2010

It is Friday....

Friday has finally made another appearance. This week has been a long week for me. My daughters have not been able to get the concept that mom needs to rest. So this week I went to Burger King (one near us has a playland), to McDonald's twice (again a playland) and the Museum (a scavenger hunt with the girls), a pool (across the street) and Kings Island (play area with water). Rest....what is that? I have been working on little projects in hopes of finishing them.

I started an afghan for a friend's daughter. I have a clown for my niece and a penguin for her as well. I finishing a hat for my daughter. Dishcloths for many people (I fill a box for someone and then put a name on the box and put it away for Christmas). I have an afghan for my brother-in-law that I am working on. It is slow work, because I don't have a pattern and I am making this up as I go. I have to make many hats and scarves. Every year I let the girls pick out their yarn and make them hats and scarves for the new school year. So I have 4 hats and 4 scarves to make. My husband is funny, he wants one too.

My new cat is a yarn cat. She loves to play with the yarn while I am knitting. But I made an interesting discovery....kitty teeth are sharp enough to make the wool separate. She chewed through my alpaca yarn while I was working on something. She is a good cat, she doesn't play with the yarn when I am not making something. Now I just have to teach her not to play with it when I am working on something.

I have been looking at some pretty funny knitting sayings on different items. I think one of my favorites is that I knit therefore I am always armed with two really sharp sticks, sturdy yarn and scissors so don't mess with me. I also like the ones that mention K2tog - do you know the code. I have a friend who liked the phrase SABLE....Stash Acquisition beyond life expectancy. But my absolute favorite shirt was the one where the front says, "My wife says we have the perfect marriage..." the back says "I work so she can knit." My husband agreed with it. But I think I knit to keep me calm when the kids get wild. So maybe my motto would be more like I knit so I don't kill. But I think I just knit so that I am able to control my blood pressure. What is best is that my girls love to wear what I make and love to pose with the items. I have a good group of girls and a wonderful husband.

Time to go....storms are moving in. Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment